Post by ᴇʀɪsᴇᴅ on Jan 11, 2015 0:41:29 GMT -8
Ithenia is a essentially a throwback to the old-school, mid-2000's heyday of the horse rp. We're super fun, relaxed, and here to let our creative juices flow (and perhaps reminisce a bit.) However seeing as that generation of roleplayers has grown up, we're also an advanced, literate rp and therefore there are some rules that need to be followed.
REGARDING OUT OF CHARACTER:
- Be respectful of members and staff alike. This should NOT need to be elaborated upon.
- Keep the chatspeak at a minimum. Lol's and brb's are fine, but nothing excessive.
- Must be thirteen years or older to join as per Proboards' ToS.
- Accounts which are inactive for 2+ weeks risk deletion unless you let us know in the Absence board.
- One account per person. All characters can be kept track of in the Character Logs board.
- Hover images are 200x300 pixels. Recommended avatar dimensions are 150x150.
- Do not use copyrighted pictures. If you want to use a picture that is copyrighted, ask the photographer first. NO GOOGLE IMAGES.
REGARDING CHARACTER CREATION:
- No character limit, but please be reasonable. If you are creating an army of horses and not playing any of them we will ask you to cut back.
- No Mary Sues. No character is perfect and besides, flaws are fun!
- Nothing physically unrealistic. All horses must be of the proper height, color, etc. for their breed or breeds.
- No jewelry or unnatural markings, but regular horse things like bridles and brands are acceptable.
- Please wait for your character to be accepted by a staff member before you begin to roleplay them.
REGARDING IN CHARACTER POSTS:
- No powerplaying, controlling another character, etc.
- No graphic breeding. Anything coming close to that will need to be played out in a "fade-to-black" style.
- In order for a breeding to be successful, the two characters must have at least one thread together which leads up to the event, but again, the actual act of mating cannot be played out.
- Liquid time is allowed, but make sure everything fits chronologically.
- Breeding occurs during the harsher summer and winter seasons.
- Foaling occurs in the more mild seasons of spring and autumn.
- Seasons will last roughly three weeks each, and horses will age accordingly. Three real life months are approximately equal to one Ithenian year.
- In order for a mating to be successful, the breeding must be noted in the New Life board during the appropriate season. Once the next season comes around, a staffer will reply to your thread with your foal's stats.
- Foals must be in at least one thread as a baby before they can begin to age normally.
REGARDING LANDS AND CHALLENGES:
- If a Southern horse gains at least 5 followers, he or she may claim one of the preexisting lands in the South as their own.
- Southern herd leaders are free to set their own rules, but they can be challenged after a two week immunity period if the challenger is equally qualified.
- In the event of a valid challenge, both parties must agree on challenge rules and wait for their battle to be judged by a staff member.
- There are no claimable lands in the North and high positions cannot be challenged for.